Find out more about all our
range of services including
training and maintenance
work we cover.
Fill in the form below - we will call you back
Does your company owns and/or your employees use lifting equipment? If yes, then you are governed by LOLER, which stands for Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (1998). Alongside you should also abide by PUWER (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations). LOLER is applicable to cranes, forklift trucks, hydraulic platforms, hoists and window cleaner lifts.
LOLER regulations can be summarised as below:
- Careful planning is essential before undertaking any lifting operation.
- A competent person should execute the lifting operations.
- The lifting operation should be appropriately supervised giving utmost importance to safety.
- Only appropriate lifting equipment should be used for the lifting task.
- All the lifting equipment should be regularly examined.
- Record of examinations of lifting equipment should be maintained.
- All the defects identified should be reported to the stakeholder that is responsible for the equipment and also to the authority in charge.
- Safe working loads or SWL should be clearly marked on all the lifting equipment and the associated accessories.
- All the delimiting factors should also be marked whereby the safety of their use could be undermined.
- In case, the lifting equipment is used to lift people clear markings should be made regarding the maximum number of people lifted along with the SWL of the lifting equipment.
- Only lifting equipment designed to lift people should be used for this purpose and all the other equipment should be marked unfit for the use of lifting people.
- All the equipment should be fully examined prior to their first use to ensure conformity with the safety standards.
- Equipment should also be thoroughly examined on new installations, re-installations, or assembly in a new site.
- Equipment should be exposed to deterioration leading to unsafe use.
Professional LOLER Inspections
If you want to ensure that all your lifting equipment is in top-notch condition and to ensure that all your lifting equipment is compliant with the LOLER Regulations, then we are here to help you. Aerial Access Services will provide you with professional lifting equipment inspection services helping you meet the LOLER Regulations.
Whether it is new installation, reinstallation or installation in a new site, our professionals will thoroughly inspect your equipment, identify defects, safety concerns and other issues if any. We will also certify the equipment to be fit for operation if they meet all the LOLER guidelines. You need not have to worry about LOLER compliance issues. We make it easy for you with our comprehensive LOLER inspection services. We have an experienced team of experts to certify your equipment.
Aerial Access Services is a recognised LOLER inspection service provider that you could trust. You can access our inspection services at a very reasonable fee. Do not pay exorbitant amount of fee for your lifting equipment inspection services. You will not only find our fee competitive but you will also find our fee structure highly transparent. For more information regarding our LOLER inspection services feel free to contact us.